Dear Colorado Greens,
First, thank you for nominating me to be the Green Party candidate for Governor of Colorado. I have been doing my best to represent the Green Party and the 10 Key Values. Ballots will be mailed on Oct. 14 so from today until about Oct. 25 the campaign will be in high gear – in overdrive, so to speak.
I’m calling for your help, now, to support this campaign for multiple-party government and mitigating corporate dominance of government and the election process. I believe I have the best agenda for Colorado for the next 4 years. See www.Hempy4Governor.org.
Here is what each of you can do:
1. Vote, of course.
2. Talk to your family, friends and neighbors about the election and Hempy’s goals for the next four years using the attached one-page brochure (click to download). (print copies landscape, actual size, both sides of the paper)
3. Write a letter to the editor of your favorite newspaper. For the Denver Post write to firstname.lastname@example.org. You could start with, “I am voting for Harry Hempy, Green Party, for governor because . . . “, and then talk about:
- the need for action on climate change and promotion of renewable energy development,
- the need for more candidates for office with a broader range of perspectives – because Republican and Democratic candidates are so tied to their big donors (60% of voters want a third major party – Gallup poll on Oct. 11, 2013 – but Colorado election law, written by Democrats and Republicans, insures continued D&R monopoly of elected offices),
- the desire of cities and towns in Colorado to govern without oppressive statewide control of local issues,
- the need for higher wages for workers, or
- whatever is on your mind.
Short letters are best, as they have the best chance of being published.
4. Pray for a miracle, using your best spiritual capabilities, that Colorado voters will find the courage to vote their values, not their fears, this fall.
This campaign is about raising awareness of major issues that are being ignored by Hickenlooper and Beauprez. Please do what you can for the next 3 weeks.
What you do is enough.
Find the love.